Ever convinced a friend or colleague to buy a WordPress product just by using words? You might be perfect for this role.
We’re looking for an experienced and WordPress-savvy copywriter to help sell our products (and keep existing customers happy!) through persuasive and engaging copy.
You’ll be writing for one of the biggest brands in WordPress. All of our email lists combined total more than 1 million subscribers, and our social audiences total 100K+.
It’s also important you have sufficient WordPress/web development knowledge.
You don’t need to be a coding superstar, but you’ll need to know your way around WP and the types of products we offer.
If you don’t, you will struggle with this role… 🙁
This will either scare you or excite you… if it’s the latter, keep reading! 😉
You’ll also have the luxury of writing about the amazing tools and plugins that make up our all-in-one WordPress platform. Our products cover everything from site management tools and hosting to WordPress plugins and client billing tools.
So don’t expect any day to be the same; you’ll always be writing about something new.
* Landing page and website copy for new and existing products
* Email copy for announcements, sales, onboarding, and autoresponder sequences
* UX/UI copy for our plugins and WordPress platform
* Advertising copy for emails, social media and search campaigns
* WordPress.org copy for all of our plugin landing pages there
* Regular copy updates across all of our existing content
* Produce this content accurately, effectively, and efficiently, in a tone that best represents the company and in a manner that best aligns with the company’s business objectives (engagement, conversions, etc)
* Critically review existing sales copy across the site and our channels, present improvements, and work on new and ongoing projects communicating with new and existing customers
* Base content decisions on metrics and data; actively adapt and revise new work in line with these; and be prepared to give and receive constructively critical feedback
* Work remotely with a team of writers, designers and developers; report to the Head of Content; and engage with the entire company
Essential attributes and experience required:
* Experience copywriting for a brand or service.
* 2+ years experience in a copywriting-related role.
* Experience writing about WordPress/software/tech.
* Fluent English level with impeccable writing skills (grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, etc.).
Extensive WordPress knowledge
* Proven ability to research and write about technical topics independently.
* Solid experience with analytics tools (GA4, Mixpanel, Hotjar, etc.)
* Deep understanding of SEO, E-A-T & A/B tests, email open rates & click rates, industry standards & best practices.
Whether you gained these skills academically or are self-taught – we would love to hear from you.
Why Join us?
* Growth-oriented culture.
* Excellent compensation with competitive benefits and rejuvenation time-off.
* Flexible work environment.
* Training, tools, and support will be provided to help you to perform your job.
* Limitless learning opportunities by working with cutting-edge tech stacks and a diverse, talented team.
* 28 days of paid leave per annum (up to 35 days).
* Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences.
* Long service leaves (3 months off paid) after you’ve been with us for 10 years.
* Annual bonus based on company growth targets
* Technology budget that can help you upgrade the tools you use for your job; the longer you serve, the higher the budget.
* General expenses budget yearly that can be used to help you become more productive; the longer you work, the more you get.
What should i do now?
?Before we can feel confident you can persuade our audience, you first have to persuade…
So your first task is simple, write a copywriting sales letter (around 300-500 words), selling us why you are the right person for this position.
Write this as you would any other piece of persuasive content, and show us you have REAL copywriting chops.
Also, send us a copy of your CV, along with a description of your experience in writing killer copy and links to examples of your work.
Last but not least, rate your WordPress knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.
Note: we are unable to consider applications that fail to demonstrate a high level of written communication and a proven track record.
Our hiring process includes the above mentioned task and a 2nd writing task, and if successful an interview with our management team. If a candidate successfully passes the interview stage, they will be offered a paid employment trial of 4-6 weeks before being offered a more permanent role.
* Applications must include the completed task sheet to be assessed.